Monday, April 17, 2017

Always Bring Something Home

Altering the course of your moods isn't a simple task. When I discovered this prescription thought I was experiencing mania. I had decided to stop drinking alcohol and I didn't know that my decision would have that effect. Alcohol is a depressant. So, it actually does make sense. I wasn’t worried though. It became obvious to me that I had never actually tried to understand mania, in other words, its mechanics. How does it work? What are the mechanisms behind this mood that make it so unruly? By asking these questions I began making enormous progress. And that's because my thinking changed. No longer was I the victim. When I experience any mood, I'm always bringing something home with me. I'm bringing home insights, observations, theories, anything that I can use to turn right back around and change my future. Look at your moods as research opportunities not unfortunate events.

No comments:

Post a Comment